Monday, February 06, 2006

Shoot out the lights

You know how it is sometimes: the world's imploding in a series of medieval knee jerks and all you can think about is you you you.

I've been getting headaches nearly every day since we moved office. I don't cope well under bright artificial light, but never before have I had to work in it -- in every previous workplace where it's been too bright I have been able to turn off the lights, sit by a window and use a desk lamp with a daylight bulb in it when it's dark. This has worked as a modus operandi for the last 12 years. But not here. No. Here in the Brave New Building you can't turn off the lights yourself, and, I am assured in 'computer says no' style, that the light levels at my desk are fine because they "fall within the design criteria for the building".

I'm thinking of getting some T-shirts made up: How many headaches does it take to change a light bulb?

joella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A hat? Go to work in a sombrero and see how long it takes before they think you really are a freak.

Ah, that image is bringing a BIG smile to my face.