Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Priorities, priorities

Yesterday, I managed to leave my purse in my bed. I don't remember putting it there, but somehow I did. I discovered its absence at lunchtime and called home, where M valiantly located it in the duvet so I didn't need to cancel all my cards.

My kind colleague S bought me some lunch. And then I found a fiver in my pocket. Great, I thought. Bus fare.

I worked quite late on my counter proposal, and set off for the bus stop in a stomp. Passed a garage on the way and decided I needed a bottle of wine IMMEDIATELY. Walked in and chose one and then remembered I didn't have my purse. Bugger. But hey, I've got a fiver! Bought wine.

Walked to the bus stop. Oh no! I've spent my bus fare on booze!

Walked home.

Drank wine.

Threw myself onto the bed and a little bank bag of 20p coins (laundrette money, and coincidentally just enough to have paid my bus fare) flew out of the turn up on my jeans and hit the wall.

Oh well.

joella

No comments: