Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fade to grey

The New Building is grey. It has occasional 'hey! aren't we creative!' splashes of red ('warm breakout areas') and blue ('cool breakout areas') but the predominant colour in its palate is no colour at all, and this is compounded by the fact that you need written permission in triplicate from the Facilities Manager to put anything on the walls. So they also remain grey, except for small posters next to the desks of those brave enough to defy him. Plants are allowed, but only grey ones. (I made that bit up).

This had a kind of modern starkness in the summer, when the skies were blue, but today I look past the grey walls and through the grey blinds and out to heavy grey skies. In the distance is the grey BMW factory.

If it weren't for the red apple on my desk and my own (well M's) bright green cardigan I'd begin to wonder if someone had reset my brain. I think I'll play Paint it Black to cheer myself up a bit.

joella

1 comment:

Liz said...

Or perhaps, Fade To Grey by Visage.