Monday, December 13, 2004

baubletasticIt's started

I have to be honest (well, I don't *have* to be, obviously, but this exercise is a whole lot more pointless if I'm not): I bloody hate Christmas. I am sure there was a time when I didn't, but it was many, many moons ago. Christmas is for Christians, children and possibly other things beginning with Ch, like cheerful souls, charitable types and chutney manufacturers. It's not for me.

However, this year for the very first time we have M's progeny on Christmas Day. He is very excited. (We won't be watching much television this year, because you can't see it past the giant tree he insisted on buying.) And so I am making an effort. I *do* like baubles, so today we bought 80 of them. We then strung them on little bits of wire and cotton and hung them from the newly-augmented fairy lights in the back room.

I have to say, it does look lovely. But that does not mean I am prepared to play charades, ok?

joella

No comments: