Monday, May 17, 2004

Early onset summertime blues?

The weather's turned all gorgeous, the evenings are stretching out, and I keep bursting into tears.

This could be the Freudian side effect of ultra honesty in coming out as not a summer lover. It could be latent something or other at not fulfilling my biological destiny and going forth to increase and multiply. It could be delayed reaction to getting a wee glimpse of the devastation that HIV is wreaking on South Africa.

But I think I've worked out that it's because I'm still not well. I came back with a fever, and that's gone, but I'm not hungry. And I'm *never* not hungry. As soon as I've had my lunch, I'm dreaming about my tea. I spend hours in supermarkets. I read cook books in bed. I shop well, I cook well and I eat *very* well, and hey, I have the belly to prove it.

But today I forgot to have lunch. Something's not right. So I shall cry in abundance and wait for it to pass.

joella

No comments: