Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Topical poll

I could do this as a proper poll in the sidebar, as I have seen other bloggers do. But I don't envisage doing it often, and I know people get here mostly by accident (which is fine, this being the internet) or by design (which is better, but sidebar polls do not show up in feed readers).

So... the topic of the evening, with R & Ms Y and housemate P and post parsnip soup and sloe gin was -- who should Madonna go out with next?

The various suggestions were...

a) Justin Timberlake
b) George Formby (assuming he wasn't, you know, dead)
c) George Clooney
d) Grace Jones
e) M (though given the choice he'd go for Bjork)
f) P Diddy
g) Bill Clinton

It's a tricky one, and your thoughts would be welcome.

joella

6 comments:

Ben said...

George Formby, because she's currently so far up her own fundament that only his down-to-earth Lancastrian groundedness could pluck her out again. The Americans on your list would just indulge her and M of course is spoken for.

Jo said...

M has always had this 'she just needs a proper boyfriend and then she'd be ok' thing about Madonna, and I'd be sort of tempted to let him have a go. He'd soon be back. I bet she's *really* high maintenance. And a picky eater.

cleanskies said...

Grace Jones.

Jo said...

She was my preference too. She wouldn't take any shit.

Anonymous said...

No one - she needs a bit of time to herself to spend her millions! My theory is she'll do the lesbian thing next. Lindsay Lohan maybe?

Ben said...

I thought I remembered this thread from a while back ... this little gem on YouTube reminded me.