Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Seasonal oppression

Here it comes again. I feel overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. There must be a word for this?

The house is a mess, and this is compounded by a) the makings of various home made gifts (austerity Christmas, you see -- more stressful than you think it's going to be) and b) the fact that it's freezing (austerity gas consumption), so the colder rooms have an air of neglect. This includes the bathroom, which has a radiator that's on but about to spring a leak, just to add a little edge to things. The bathroom is mainly used by housemate P... I don't know when his cleaning gene kicks in, but I've seen no sign of it yet.

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I would cheer myself up by buying something from the Gudrun Sjoden sale. But as with so many mail order things, it just doesn't look right on. So that's another post office queue to endure.

On the other hand, I don't have any plumbing this week, and I am off to buy a samosa in the sunshine.

joella

No comments: