Monday, February 11, 2008

Disaster averted

There was an ominous silence this morning where Woman's Hour should have been. They tried a couple of times and then put on some strange jazz, the kind of thing they probably have to hand in case the Queen dies or to play during the four minute warning. 'Help!' I shouted down to M. 'Women have been taken off the airwaves!'

Yes, he shouted up. We have taken over. Stay in your bedroom and await further instructions.

Luckily, by the time he came up with my fried egg, it was all ok again.

joella

2 comments:

beth said...

If the result of men taking over is that they bring us fried eggs I'm not as worried as I might've been...I'll be having mine between two slices of thick white bread & butter if that's OK?

Jo said...

This one was on a potato rosti with HP Sauce, but I expect there'll be some kind of menu, should it come to it. It's always better if they know how you like your egg.