Sunday, December 02, 2007

Too much of a good thing

As M was cooking breakfast this morning, I went to set the table and realised that we have two almost new bottles of HP Sauce. My mild OCD (thanks dad!) means that I find this quite distressing. One of the reasons I do all the shopping is to avoid this kind of thing. To make matters worse, one of them was glass and the other plastic. They don't even match!

Why, I demanded, are there two of these?

Well, he said, as he spatulaed eggs onto toast, I am wife to one of them and mother to the other.

Can't argue with that. But I'm not sure which one to dispense with while he's not looking.

joella

3 comments:

bedshaped said...

At what point do you buy another bottle? When it's all run out or when it's down to a certain level?

Jo said...

It all depends what it is. With HP Sauce, when it's down to about 1cm. Other things, like washing up liquid, or butter (not that I buy butter in bottles, you understand), as soon as the previous one is open. You don't want to be running out of washing up liquid or butter. Running out of HP Sauce is something that can be contemplated.

Ben said...

About the only thing I was able to teach my lovely wife about shopping, rather than vice versa, was that you always have a spare box of cereal.