Monday, February 07, 2005

Black pepper baths, a walk in the park and Posh Dinner


A lovely weekend of belated birthday celebrations, by myself and with two Rs who both have the same birthday as me.

Highlights included

- my first musically accompanied walk into town in many years (I used to live with a Walkman on, but this fell by the wayside when I stopped making / receiving compilation tapes sometime around the millennium)
- a lovely solo visit to MOMA cafe, the only place in town where you really can curl up with the papers
- lovely dinner with R&T *and* finding their house with no problems at all thanks to Wendy the GPS
- spending Sunday morning finishing the gorgeous Norwegian Wood in a super-hot bath with bubbles and black pepper oil
- walking in the park at sunset with M, S and puppy S, with proper tea and cakes after
- posh dinner with R&J at the surprisingly empty Cherwell Boat House. Ok, it's dark on Sundays in February, but it's still a beautiful spot.

For the first time this year I feel pretty much ready to take the working week on. Go me!

joella