Tuesday, February 11, 2003

I don't have to sell my soul...

New PC comes with New Job. This is normally seen as a good thing, but in this place it takes weeks to get everything working, not least anything making a noise. What is it with firewalls and RealPlayer? And of course it is not 'supported' so you're on your own with Real.com's badly mis-named Knowledge Base and lots of General Errors. Not Loving It.

But persistence will out, and this morning I succeeded in getting radio with a combination of Windows Media Player and Netscape 7.

Why the fuss? Because of 6Music, that's why. Surely the best thing to happen to radio since Triple J, in fact better, because Triple J is Australian so I always get the middle of the night shows when I'm listening at work, and it's just not the right vibe.

So a good day so far. Get radio working, and the first thing I hear is the first track from the first Stone Roses album. And I am right back to summer 1989, stoned out of my head and wondering what a Dord is and why anyone would want to be one.

joella

No comments: