Friday, November 29, 2002

Drinking too much

I was pissed out of my head when I wrote that last one. And the one before. There's some real shit happening at the moment and it's difficult to work out what's a tellable story and what's it's just beyond the pale to write about in a public place, even preserving anonymity (not that many people are looking).

But I guess this is supposed to be about me me me, and I should have a go.

There are two situations making me angry. One is nothing to do with me directly. It involves the theory of polyamory. Viable lifestyle choice or a surefire way to fuck up all kinds of relationships? Evidence is pointing to the latter in my world at the moment. And in such a kind of predictable if tragic way.

I will stick to serial monogamy. Having said that, polyamorists do have some interesting ideas about gender neutral pronouns.

The other is something that did involve me. I felt I played an active part in something pretty sordid just by being there. Well, not even physically there, on another PC somewhere else in the world. I didn't start it, I didn't want it, I didn't encourage it.

And yet I still felt like a piece of shit afterwards. And my bestest friend S is feeling something similar. How can this happen? Why do we get put in a place where we feel angry and guilty at the same time? Why should women take responsibility for the behaviour of men?

joella

No comments: