Monday, May 05, 2008

Boris: a momentary lapse of reason?

... or the beginning of the end? I can't decide. I'd like to think it was the former, because I can't actually believe that SO MANY PEOPLE COULD BE SO STUPID, but I also worry that Britain is actually largely made up of people who like being told what to do by public schoolboys with floppy hair. Can we really not break this habit? Must we really revert to a world of Us and Them? Must we really fucking *vote* for one? I can't bear it.

I leave slagging off of the man himself and what he actually stands for to Zoe Williams, who says it better than I could. But I remain, frankly, amazed that this has happened. I plan to move to a smallholding in Finland, eat berries, build a bunker and await the end of civilisation. We're all going to hell in a handcart.

joella

1 comment:

Ben said...

He came to visit us at work last year. A presentation was laid on explaining our entire raison d'etre from first principles. Five minutes in he interrupts with "I still have no idea what you do or why you exist".

Many, many tongues were bitten to prevent the logical response being uttered.

Did you catch Jeremy Hardy's rant on The News Quiz about how Boris became such a TV star? "If Angus had kept it in his trousers this would never have happened ..."