Thursday, March 08, 2007

I am woman, hear me... roar?

Happy International Women's Day! I've spent too much of this week in the pub already, and tomorrow I will be there again with a man I met on the internet, so instead I have celebrated as follows:

7 hours information management
3 hours oxy-acetylene welding
1 packet Koka Tom Yam noodles with tuna fish and Lebanese pickled cucumbers
1 large red snapper (like a Bloody Mary, but with gin)
1 episode of Skins

So it's more like hear me sigh gently, really, but I trust someone's roaring out there somewhere on my behalf.

joella

PS 6Music's Shaun Keaveny has just wondered whether it is ok to play Grinderman's No Pussy Blues on International Women's Day. Absolutely it is ok, this is Nick Cave respecting the fact that No Means No. Play it again!

2 comments:

cleanskies said...

I think oxy-acetylene welding counts as a roar.

re. plumbing -- are you looking for jobs to do yet, or still in assistantsville? 'Cause I've got this water tank, see ...

well, actually I've got an entire house full of shit plumbing, as well you know.

But the water tank really needs switching for a new model with a lid and stuff.

Jo said...

The welding might count if I was actually any good at it, but sadly I'm a bit rubbish. This has nothing to do with my sex, however, so maybe I get points for effort.

Re: your house with its magical soil pipe mystery tour... I know the theory & the regs for cold water cisterns, I've done one at college and I've assisted on a real one (with a dead bat in it) so I could definitely have a go, and this (= friendly householders) is exactly the sort of experience I need to get my NVQ. So it might be a win-win - I'll drop you an email...