Friday, March 02, 2007

Don't you bring me down today

It's Friday afternoon and I'm mapping business processes. Luckily, there's music. Here's my process mapping playlist -- not too fast, not too slow, not too uplifting, not too downbeat.

All Night Disco Party - The Brakes
Beautiful - Clem Snide
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
Boys Wanna Fight - Garbage
Breathless - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Waltzing's for Dreamers - Richard Thompson
This Mess We're In - PJ Harvey feat Thom Yorke
Oh What a World - Rufus Wainwright
There is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
No Surprises - Lee, Shawn
Animal - Ani DiFranco

Actually it is a bit downbeat. But in a visceral sort of way, which helps. And when it's finished I'm off for a pint of Discovery with a nice lady from Finland. Hooray!

joella

5 comments:

Rachel Wolf said...

I found your blog randomly searching while I was suppose to be working...anyway...I love your playlist. The PJ Harvey and Ani songs were on my iPod randomly this morning...creepy no?

http://actdammit.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

Hello! A little creepy maybe, but as my friend Mick the builder says, million to one chances happen nine times out of ten. I thought about that for a long time and concluded that he is bang on.

Delboys Daughter said...

Ooo are you a female plumber in training? How interesting. I'm currently swept up in the plumbing thang because my boyfriend is just finishing a course in it himself.

(Popped here via Tims)

Jo said...

Hello! Yes I am, kind of. Well I'm definitely female, I'm kind of training - nearly there on the technical certificate and gone down to three days a week at my normal job to try and get the work experience I need for my NVQ. It's a slow business, but I'm getting there...

cleanskies said...

I spent an afternoon wrestling style-sheets to all-night disco party on loop a few months ago. It's a good one for focussing the mind. Too bad mostly everything else by the Brakes doesn't live up to that song's promise.