Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Before I forget...


diamanda galas
Originally uploaded by Jeremy Dennis.

My ATP highlight was Diamanda Galas. Ms Y, sitting next to me, was not impressed, and quite soon wandered off in search of cider. M was also not sure. What do you like about her, he asked.

Well, I said, that's what it quite often sounds like inside my head. She's like walking down the middle of a main road late on a Friday night when you're out of your head.

Just because I don't do that anymore doesn't mean I don't want to sometimes. I must get myself some DG albums so I can walk down the middle of a main road in the privacy of my own room.

joella

3 comments:

Andy said...

Jo,
I have the delectably named "The Divine Punishment" and "The Saint of the Pit".

If they represent the sounds happening in your head, well, um, that's, er, interesting!

Jo said...

Splendid. It only sounds like that in my head *sometimes*. I was fairly premenstrual at the time, I should maybe add...

Anonymous said...

Ahh...I got to see her a few years ago in Manchester and she was incredible. I'd always thought everyone was over-exaggerating when they'd said her performances are so far beyond 'concerts'. She left the audience crying/screaming/in awe - even the doubter I took with me who was converted by the end of the night.