Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Playing catch up

Two months later, I've finally finished sorting through our photos from India. It feels like half a lifetime ago. These are a few of my favourites, but there are lots more on Flickr if you happen to like photos of India...

Giant lunch Sunday afternoon on the beach in Madras Water pumps for sale
Krishna's Butterball, Mamallapuram Mendi with a view Pavement decoration in Madurai
Sun begins to go down over the temple in Thanjavur Limca and Maaza Dawn by the river

A couple of weeks ago I changed some kitchen taps for a graphic designer. In return he's going to tidy up some of my favourite digital photos and print them for me. Let's hear it for the no-cash economy!

joella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely turned-out set of waterpumps there Joella... I assume they came back in your suitcase and you have them in your spare parts collection ready to lend an exotic edge to the fixtures and fittings of some unsuspecting Oxford householder?

Jo said...

Sadly, they are bloody heavy. But I really really wanted one of those. *And* a squat toilet. One day...