Friday, May 26, 2006

My dad's World Cup viral

I rarely think Friday funnies are remotely funny, and I am usually slightly disappointed when I get one from someone I thought would not buy into this particular form of the lowest common denominator. So when my dad forwarded me this, I grimaced slightly. But then I went out tonight and it had me laughing all the way down Cowley Road and all the way home...

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT INFORMATION RELEASE - MAY 2006.

Due to the quality of driving in England the Department of Transport has launched a new scheme to identify poor drivers, and to give good drivers the opportunity to recognise them.

As from the middle of May 2006 drivers performing the following actions will be designated bad drivers:

- overtaking in dangerous places;

- hovering within one inch of the car in front;

- stopping sharply;

- speeding in residential areas;

- pulling out without indication;

- performing U turns inappropriately in busy highstreets;

- undertaking on motorways and

- taking up more than one lane in multi-lane roads.

These drivers will be issued with flags, white with a red cross, clearly identifying them as bad drivers. These flags must be clipped to a door of the car, and be visible to all other drivers and pedestrians.

Particularly bad drivers will have to display a flag on each side of the car to indicate their lower intelligence to the general public.

Please circulate this to as many other motorists as you can so that drivers and pedestrians will be aware of the meaning of these flags.

Department of Transport

joella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's very good (and yes, certainly a cut above the usual forwarded funnies (the very word is enough to tell you the contents usually won't be amusing in the slightest, isn't it..). I was chuckling out loud right now and will be having a little smile to myself whenever I see those ubiquitous flags over the coming month.

Now all that needs explaining is why the same flags are cropping up not just on cars but in all sorts of places.. the ticket office at Manchester Oxford Road station (where I have just come from) is liberally festooned with them. Perhaps the staff based there are really bad train drivers or something...

cleanskies said...

Hahahahaha. Ha.