Monday, January 25, 2010

Emerging from January blues

I'm ever so grateful to you lovey, said the little old lady.

Well, I said, thank you.

What I didn't say: thank you for waiting an extra week for me to come round given that I went into NGO X last Monday for Haiti stuff and on Tuesday I just couldn't face dealing with anything at all. Thank you for having an immaculate kitchen. Thank you for choosing a plumber to fit said immaculate kitchen who put proper isolators on your taps. Thank you for having a no-frills budget, resulting in an old-style mixer tap with washers, rather than one of those fancy ones with ceramic inserts that you have to go and find in a merchants somewhere. Thank you for leaving me to it rather than watching.

I knocked a fiver off for an easy job, and turned the water pressure down a bit on her cold tap so it didn't splash all over her immaculate kitchen.

She said it was so nice to see women branching out and could she have my card.

I think that's what you call a win-win situation.

joella

No comments: