Friday, July 06, 2007

Codeine Queen

On days like today (the painters are in, and this month they're playing death metal), I'd be nowhere without codeine. What a marvellous drug it is. I normally take it over-the-counter strength in the form of Nurofen Plus, and it's one of the things, like pickled vegetables and ear buds, that I never let myself run out of. Yet this morning I couldn't find any anywhere. I was panicked. It was 8.20 am, I had a nine o'clock meeting with my manager, and I was curled up in a ball fighting tears and thinking dark thoughts.

M came to the rescue with Solpadol, which his GP prescribed him after he injured himself last month by driving a go-kart into a wall. I took two, wrapped myself in a very large cardigan and got on with it. Twenty minutes later, I was nicely spaced out, and I've been calm and floaty all day. I'm *never* this benign without chemical assistance. I can see how it might be habit-forming.

Shall I go home now? Yes, I think I shall. I'll just have another glass of Vimto first.

joella

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell M go-karting is a young man's game. Stag do was it?

Jo said...

Got it in one! I've seen the group photo, and M looks like the 'one of these kids is doing his own thing, one of these kids is not the same' kid off Sesame Street. Whether this is good thing or a bad thing, I'm not saying.

buy codeine said...

Great post Thanks!